Thread: We've just adopted teenagers

We've just adopted teenagers

I'm just looking for folks who have had or are having parenting experiences with adopted teens. We've all been together now for three and a half months, and although we've only had one critical problem (we caught our 14 year old daughter smoking) and a small assortment of very minor problems, I'm always wondering if we're making the right parenting decisions (I don't doubt the decision to adopt -- it's the best decision we've ever made, second to marrying each other).

Our two kids were already a sibling group, and are about as normal as any other teen. She's 14, and he's 11.

If there's anyone out there who has adopted teens, I'd love to hear from you. Our experiences will certainly be different much of the time, but I suspect our feelings will sometimes be similar.

Pro libertate,
    Ray

why. would. you. do. that.???

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ledford View Post
    I'm just looking for folks who have had or are having parenting experiences with adopted teens. We've all been together now for three and a half months, and although we've only had one critical problem (we caught our 14 year old daughter smoking) and a small assortment of very minor problems, I'm always wondering if we're making the right parenting decisions (I don't doubt the decision to adopt -- it's the best decision we've ever made, second to marrying each other).

Our two kids were already a sibling group, and are about as normal as any other teen. She's 14, and he's 11.

If there's anyone out there who has adopted teens, I'd love to hear from you. Our experiences will certainly be different much of the time, but I suspect our feelings will sometimes be similar.

Pro libertate,
    Ray